Sunday, December 04, 2005

Happy ADVENT

Maybe I'm just too much of a stickler, but I was a little annoyed today at church when we were instructed to greet one another with the words "Merry Christmas." Does that seem a little silly to anyone else? It's December 4th! The only people I'm wishing a Merry Christmas now are those I'm not planning to see until after Christmas. I guess that means I don't need to go back to church there next week. Having already wished them a merry Christmas, perhaps I should be on my way. Alas, I was stubborn enough not to do it actually. I defiantly wished those seated around me a happy advent instead. I still may cut out next week though. We'll see...

2 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

You are right it is far too early to be wishing people Merry Christmas unless you are not going to be seeing them again. We had a wonderful service yesterday. It was so wonderful I almost cried. It was very moving with the music and the decorations and ofcourse the subject matter.

12:56 PM  
Blogger R. T. Bailey said...

Oh, to go to a church like that! It's been so long since I've felt that kind of a connection in church. I usually come out frustrated at best or just plain angry at worst.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home