Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's definitely been awhile since I've posted, but regarding my previous post, I haven't had pop for almost two weeks now, and I'm doing fine. Not even craving it really.

In a couple of hours I'm heading out for Arizona for Thanksgiving. One of my friends lives there, and he has invited me to come spend Thanksgiving with his family. I'm definitely grateful for the opportunity to get out of Pasadena for a while. However, that getting out may take a while itself. We'll be leaving in the height of rush hour, and what is supposed to be a five hour drive (to the west side of Phoenix) could take much much longer. It's not inconceivable that it could take twice that long. I'm trying to prepare myself for this. I can't read in a car when it's moving, but when it's parked on the freeway I should have no problem. Therefore, I'll be packing some things that might help me get a jump on my next paper.

Since I'll be gone until Sunday, I put my Christmas tree up last night so it wouldn't miss a moment of the season. It looks pretty good. Perhaps I'll post a picture of it sometime. I'm still getting used to having a Christmas tree up with the windows open and 85 degree temps outside. Strange... I like cloudy days, because then I can close the window and pretend it's cold outside. Soon enough though, I will be where it's cold. I'll be exchanging palm trees and blue skies for leafless trees and gray skies in just 2.5 weeks. I make it sound bad, but I prefer the latter this time of year. Time to get my laundry so I can pack...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home