Thursday, November 10, 2005

No More Pop!

I just came from the dentist - pretty much the worst place you could take me. I went because one tooth was hurting a little last week. It stopped after I made the appointment, but I decided to keep the appointment since I hadn't been to the dentist for so long. It's a good thing I did! Turns out the tooth in question was perfectly fine - not a thing wrong. However, cavities were found all over the rest of my mouth. I seem to be cursed with poor dental health. I won't say how many there are because it embarrasses me, but there are far too many. Some of them are in my wisdom teeth. The dentist said she would like to remove at least two, but preferably three wisdom teeth. I start my string of appointments next Friday at 7:30 a.m. with two fillings. Please pray for me. I hate going to the dentist; it is always very stressful for me. On the bright side she said everything is totally fixable. Once I get all this taken care of I plan to go regularly for cleanings so this doesn't happen anymore.

In addition, I've already decided to address what I believe is the main cause of my dental woes: pop. I've decided I'm not drinking it anymore. It will be hard, but I'd rather keep my teeth and preferably without cavities. Now I have a paper to write.

3 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

Don't forget about the sweet tarts. Actually though I heard somewhere that candy you suck on and stays in your mouth for a prolonged amount of time is the most damaging. I have two crowns you know. One on each side. Just close your eyes when you go and try to not think about it. If you take a book or magazine that will help you relax too. Ask them if maybe you can take a cd player or something. I think that they are usually pretty understanding about people stressing out. Also make sure they know that you are stressed by it. Then they should do a lot to help make you comfortable.

6:44 PM  
Blogger R. T. Bailey said...

Actually, I rarely eat Sweet Tarts any more. A crown is in store for me as well. That CD player idea is a really good one! I'll have to take some Christmas music along.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Betsy said...

Don't forget that sweet tea has a lot of sugar too. It is hard when you think of all the things you comsume that have sugar in them. You know who I think has a candy problem? Mom, ever notice she always has candy?

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home