Monday, November 28, 2005

Back from the Valley of the Sun



The Thanksgiving weekend I spent in Goodyear, AZ (Phoenix metro area) courtesy of one of my good friends here at Fuller was a great one. My friend Tim's family extended incredible hospitality to me, and I had a wonderful refreshing weekend before coming back to Fuller yesterday to finish the fall quarter. Traffic going and coming wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, but it was still pretty heavy. While in Arizona, I enjoyed a lot of good home-cooked food, hiking, watching football, putting up Christmas lights, and relaxing in the hot tub. I was also treated to my first taste of Chick-fil-a (not that I've never seen one before, we have them in IN) and Maggie Moo's ice cream (similar to Coldstone for those of you who know what that is). I've posted a picture above from our hike in/around the White Tank Mountains right outside Goodyear. Pictured left to right are me, my friend Tim, and his brother Phil. It was a great trip, and I've added Arizona to the list of places I'd rather live than southern California.

1 Comments:

Blogger R. T. Bailey said...

Surely they will. I can't wait to be home for the holidays. I'll be there two weeks from yesterday.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home