Tuesday, October 24, 2006

We Are American Baptists



This weekend I was once again in scenic Green Lake Wisconsin for the Orientation to ABC Life conference. This conference is held every two years for American Baptist seminarians in their 2nd or 3rd year as well as pastors who are new to the denomination. We attended several sessions that acquainted us with the various aspects of denominational life in the ABC/USA, worshipped together every morning, and best of all, met a lot of new people and spent time hanging out getting to know one another. There is a picture here of some of the American Baptist seminarians I met.

The weather at Green Lake was great! It was in the 40s most of the weekend, and I even got to see some snow flurries just before we left Monday morning. Speaking of leaving - of course, I didn't want to. My senioritis has taken a turn for the worse, I'm afraid. I'm really ready to get out of school, and I'm really looking forward to serving with the colleagues I met this weekend. The conference was intense, some of the sessions were too long and boring, and I'm really tired now, but it was a great weekend, and I'm excited about being an American Baptist.

4 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

Glad to know your excited to be an American Baptist. I am excited to be envolved in a church because I want to be, not because I feel like I should.

6:37 PM  
Blogger R. T. Bailey said...

That is exciting, and a nice change, eh?

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was born and raised on Green Lake. I recognise the island in the picture. I used to go water skiing through the channel there and spray those standing on the breakwater towards the Roger Williams Inn. Ah, those were the days. ;-)

6:25 AM  
Blogger R. T. Bailey said...

You are very fortunate to have grown up in such a beautiful place.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home