Monday, October 02, 2006

Life on 16 Units

Remember those commercials that used to say "This is your brain," and then show you an egg, then show you an egg frying and say "This is your brain on drugs."? That might work for my life these next 10 weeks. Normally, my life might be like the egg - pretty cool, everything's holding together alright, but life on 16 units, which is 4 units (one class) more than normal for me may be more like the frying egg. Everything gets busted open and thrown on a hot pan. But perhaps I'm being too dramatic.

It is busy though. I have three classes: Hebrew, Family Therapy, and Pentateuch. Hebrew is a language, so it shouldn't be too hard, just time consuming. Pentateuch is the first 5 books of the Bible - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy - so that's a lot of material in not a lot of time. Looks like it will be manageable though. Family Therapy is great! I love that class. We all have families so it's pretty hard not to find something of interest there. The first thing to learn is that families are systems, so if there's a problem with someone in the family, it's not just their problem, it's the family's problem. We all affect one another tremendously, and get this - every major decision you make is influenced by 3-4 generations of your family! Incredible. I can't wait to learn more.

By the way, in spite of the first loss of the season at Notre Dame, I'm pretty pleased with the Purdue football team right now. I was very worried after ISU scored 35 against them, but they are improving steadily, and the game at ND showed a lot of promise. We have at least one very promising player on both offense and defense and our quarterback is shaping up very well. Barring any major disasters Purdue will return to a bowl game this year, and may well be in the top 25 by season's end, in fact, I expect them to be.

Ah, what's for dinner tonight? Tuna helper, I think. Wait, no, I just got a call. Lasagna with Chris and Lindsay - excellent!

1 Comments:

Blogger R. T. Bailey said...

Perhaps, but I would have to transliterate, since I'm pretty sure Blogger doesn't have a Hebrew font.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home