Friday, May 19, 2006

Long time, no blog

Hey well, at least I managed to avoid a one month absence this time around. I'm trying to think of what you might want to know that's been going on with me since April 21. I've been to another baseball game since then. I think I'm good luck for the Dodgers. They don't win a lot, but they won both games that I attended. The last one I went to was sort of thrilling even. They beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3 with a game winning RBI in the bottom of the 9th. There were fireworks after the game, too, for it was Cinqo de Mayo (is that spelled right?).

Any of you into American Idol? I have to say that I've followed it pretty closely the last two seasons. So many unexpected twists this year. Paris getting voted off was, I think, a sign of just how fallen we are as humans. As one of my instructors said, "She had more talent in one vocal chord than the rest of those schlubs put together!" True that. And then Chris. That was quite a shock. Totally depraved for sure. Now that only Taylor and Katherine are left, I'm pulling for Katherine. She had a couple of fairly poor weeks, but did rather well on the most recent episode I thought. Besides, as I told my roommate, talent is secondary in these issues. At any rate, I can't wait for the eschatalogical episode coming up this week. It may be an occasion for Papa John's. Enough on the theology of American Idol, though.

I've gotten into the Harry Potter books. It all started because I wanted something fantasy-like to read on the plane when I went home for Spring Break. I got book one for that trip, and now I'm on book four. It's been great so far. I can't wait 'til I catch up to the movies so there will actually be an element of suspense.

The main reason I haven't blogged in a long time is that I'm psycho-busy. Two weeks from tomorrow I fly to Wisconsin, where I will be until August 12 (at which point I will return to LA for departure on transoceanic voyage - more on that later). I'm headed to Green Lake this summer to be the assistant director for Quest. But before I can leave I have a large chunk of coursework to finish. And that's where I am now. Tonight I'm going to see the DaVinci Code.

1 Comments:

Blogger R. T. Bailey said...

Actually, I was fairly entertained. Maybe that's just because it was in France. The biggest problem is all the historical absurdities, which make the whole thing so implausible.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home