Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I've been everywhere man...

Here's what I did over my spring break.

I flew from L.A. to Detroit on Monday night, flew from Detroit to Indy on Tuesday morning and spent the afternoon and evening there surprising people with my unannounced presence. On Wednesday morning my sister and I left at 6:00 a.m. for Green Lake, WI. We arrived there by noon, had lunch at the Goose Blind in Green Lake, then I spent the afternoon meeting with Lance (the director of Quest) about the summer. That evening we enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Percy's in Ripon, WI. After breakfast at The Little Corporal in Green Lake, I met with Lance some more, then Betsy and I departed Green Lake almost exactly 24 hours after we had arrived. On the way home, we stopped in Beloit, WI (right by the IL border) where we got gas at BP, lunch at Culver's, and a few CD's at Wal-Mart. Then we hit the road again and didn't stop until we reached 8953 S. Coxville Rd. Rosedale, IN about 5 hours later. Friday, I worked on my sermon outline for Sunday all day and that night we had pizza at my sister's house in Sullivan, IN celebrating her birthday (#36). Saturday morning, I went to breakfast with my mom at BK in North Terre Haute, where we discovered a flat tire on the van. Our next stop was the Goodyear store, where the van got 4 badly needed new tires. After around an hour there, we visited my grandfather and then finally made it to my sister's house where I would type my sermon. I spent the next few hours there typing that up, and as soon as I was finished Mom and I headed home, where I packed an overnight bag. As soon as I was packed, I got back in the car and headed north for Purdue. Once there, I got to spend some quality time with Andrew, my last remaining friend at Purdue (who will be done in May). We had dinner at Fazoli's (I had to go there while I was in Indiana; the nearest one here is at least 30 min. away), stopped at Capp and Gino's, a coffee shop where I burned my tongue on some chai, and then hit a concert at University Church where Andrew's roommate's brother was playing with this band from Granger, IN. Turns out my roommate, who is from Niles, MI, knows the band and Andrew's roommate's brother. Crazy. The next morning, I preached at the Found and bunch of us went to Steak 'n Shake for lunch (the other place I had to eat while I was in IN). After that, I said goodbye to Kyle and Andrew at Purdue and headed back to Rosedale. Once there, I started doing laundry so I could pack for the return trip to Southern California. While my clothes were washing and drying, I enjoyed watching George Mason beat UConn. We had dinner, then went to church in Rosedale, where I learned about the 3 heavens (really!). After that, I packed and went to bed at 10:00. I got up at 4:25 and left for the Indy airport at 5:00, where I found out my bag was 53 lbs. (which is 3 lbs. over the limit), but I didn't get charged $25 because they were so busy. :) The Northwest check-in line was really long because most of the state was headed to Florida for Spring Break that morning. At 8:00, my flight left for LAX. I arrived on time and my neighbor picked me up and brought me safely to my door in Pasadena.

Now that I'm back, maybe I can get some rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

We did so enjoy your company while you were here, course I did see you more than anyone else. But who is counting?

4:20 PM  
Blogger Betsy said...

Come on I know you have been other places and done other things lately, so post something else why don't you!
With Love Your "Shy" Sister

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home